Application Form and Judges Requirements.
UK Judges Education – The Kennel Club published a new ruling regarding judges education in November 2020 which is as follows:
Before Judges can accept a judging appointment you need to complete all the Judges Education Programme (Breed Shows) (JEP(BS)) Level 1 requirements at the time you accept the appointment (Updated August 2023 for Shows held on or after 1st January 2024. These are:
- Minimum of five years proven interest in pedigree dogs
- Attend a Conformation and Movement seminar hosted by a Kennel Club Accredited Trainer
- Complete a minimum of two full-day stewarding appointments
- Attend a Requirements of a Dog Show Judge seminar and pass associated exam (either in person or online via Kennel Club Academy)
- Pass the Points of a Dog assessment conducted by a Kennel Club Accredited Trainer
- Previously it was a requirement that passing the Points of a Dog assessment and Requirements of a Dog Show Judge exam was part of JEP Level 2 criteria.
- Consequently, JEP Level 2 criteria is now amended as follows:
- Attend a Breed Appreciation Day (BAD) and pass a multiple-choice examination for the respective breed
- View ring stewarding seminar and take online quiz via Kennel Club Academy
- Complete critique writing seminar and take online quiz via Kennel Club Academy
You can judge 3 classes (4 if a puppy class is scheduled) at an open or limited show.
(Note: This also applies to judges on a Breed Club A3, B or C Judging List. If you do not meet these requirements you may not judge until you do. If it is specified in the judging contract letters which you agree and sign effective from February 2022.)
For existing judges – Please complete the following for the Judges Education Programme see below.
Please ensure that you read the BIC judges list requirements/criteria before completing this form. Judges List Requirements Here.
Please fill in all details in the electronic form below. The application will be considered by the committee at it’s next meeting. Notification will be sent to you via email or post once approved.